Monday, February 23, 2009

I Got My First Award!! And An Announcement That May Cost Me...

Wow! I was so surprised the other day when I learned that Denise gave me The Lovey Award! This is my first award and I am thrilled!

Now here is the disclaimer for the award:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends.They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."

Eight? I don't even know if I know eight people... but I'll try.

Okay, let's see

A. B. M. (don't know if you want your real name out there...) at Domesticated.

Alli at My New Life. Hey maybe you'll start blogging more now, as in more that one post!

Chris at Just a Girl
Cynthia at An Accomplished Woman
Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Jill at Controlling My Chaos
Kimba at A Soft Place to Land
The gals over at Like mother, like daughter

Okay, Phew! That wasn't as hard as I thought!!

Now for my announcement that I hope will not make you stop following me... I am taking a six week hiatus! Please don't leave! The Lenten season will start tomorrow with Ash Wednesday, and lately I've been realizing how much all my blogging time is taking from my family. So, this year I'm going to give up blogging (and possibly the internet as a whole - except email...) as my Lenten sacrifice. I really do have so many posts floating around in my head, but I think this is really something I need to sacrifice. I am looking forward to all I hope to accomplish during this time as a result of not blogging, but I will be back come Easter with, hopefully, a better sense of how to balance my time in this virtual world and my time with my family. In the mean time I have added a button to my sidebar, so you can email me, if need be. Okay, there, I said it, so now it has to be done. See you at Easter!

3 comments:

Kimba said...

Awwwww. You're so sweet. Thank you! I've been amazed to discover so many true friends this way.

Enjoy your blogging break. I think it's a wonderful idea.

Kimba

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, first what great company to be put in. I love your background, where did you get it. I am so glad you are back from your break. Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

Oh I didn't realize you are taking a 6 week break. Oh sad for me. I haven't quite decided but need to get on what I am giving up for Lent. I will keep you posted.