Monday, January 26, 2009

Can We Tear Up This Little House Any More??

Remember my ugly duckling? Well, yesterday I was is the bathroom talking to my husband while he was getting a bath (what, you've never done that?) and some water splashed all over our basket of magazines so I moved it to keep the water from ruining our required reading. Now remember why that basket was so strategically placed? We started looking at the linoleum and got the bright idea that we'd peel up the floor! I knew what was underneath because I had already looked under it in the bathroom closet. There was a loose tile in the closet so I yanked it out and we went to Lowe's to see what it was (I thought maybe it was quartz) and what we needed to fix the floor. It turns out that the tile was marble!! We have marble floors under three layers of linoleum!!

My husband hard at work:

Here the first layer is peeled up and you can see the second layer:

Here is the original marble floor:

This picture is after he ripped the whole top layer of linoleum up.

You can see the bottom layer of linoleum in this picture. I'm guessing it was laid in the 60's or 70's.

I'll keep posting the progress on this project. He started last night and we still have a long way to go!

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh my! What a job! But it will be gorgeous when its done!!!

The Farmers Wife said...

Oh my gosh! Marble under linoleum?? Aren't people funny? What a find though. I wish you lots of luck and hope it goes quick for ya. Just stumbled on your blog and figured I would say hey!

Shelley said...

Wow, that looks like a project. Thanks for stopping by my SITS day.