Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Couple of Silly, Little (But Finished!) Christmas Gifts

Well, I've finished some of those gifts I mentioned that I have been feverishly working on. I had a few that I deemed were safe to show photos without ruining any one's Christmas surprise... So here they are:


We made these butterfly ornaments (okay, so I don't have a hanger on them yet...), and there is a story behind this, but I want to wait to share it because it ties in with some other ornaments I made. I'll just say that both my mother and my mother-in-law love butterflies, so these are for them. Oh, and my four year old called dibs on the orange one...


No story to go with this one... it's a "garland" of Christmas-y houses for my sister-in-law. She has tons of bookcases in her house and we thought this could easily decorate the top of one. I got the idea when I was looking at some back issues of Mary Englebreit's Home Companion magazine (I'll edit this later to put which issue... I don't want to hunt it back down again right now...)


That's it. Pretty boring tonight... I'm wanting to figure out how to make one of those nifty buttons that no one but Alli would want. Oh, who am I kidding, she wouldn't even want one, but I'd hack into her account anyway to put it on her blog. *insert widely grinning smilie here*

No comments: