Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Itty, Bitty, Kitty Mistreatment!!

I've had this blog for how long? And this is my first post?? Who starts a blog without posting for, like, years??? Me. That's who. But I just had to post after being so inspired by theeeee domestic decor diva extraordinaire: The Nester, a la http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/ (okay, so I don't know how to do those nifty little things where the word is a hyperlink, yet. Hey, at least I know the term hyperlink!)

I would guess I've been reading The Nester off and on since early this year. But ever since I was laid off in July I just lost track of her. So this week I got all caught up, and I decided it was finally time to quit putting off little projects out of fear that they would not be perfect. The Nester's motto is: It Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Beautiful (AKA: IDHTBPTBB).

With that in mind here is a photo journal of a project I did yesterday:

Before:
Okay, so I know there are SO many things wrong with this picture, but this little ol' house is a work in progress, so just pretend the walls don't really have that nasty ivy wallpaper and that the chair railing isn't about a foot too low, 'Kay??



I had this table that was in the way when we put up our Christmas tree in the living room, so I thought of this:
A little better...

(and, yes, Miss Guinevere is actually going to use her new digs as I'm snapping these!)

After:
So much better!!





Please don't click on the photos! They are soooooo blurry and I'm too lazy to get better ones!

Okay, now I'm on a roll...

Here's what I started working on last night:



Yep! It's the beginnings of a Ragamuffin Memo Garland! Yippy Skippy! I did have to quit because I was getting a callous on my thumb and the tip of my finger had lost all feeling from cutting the pieces. I don't' think I have enough strips cut just yet, but I have to tell you something: I have had these fabric remnants for ten years... TEN YEARS FOLKS!! No... wait... maybe longer than that; they are from samples I used while I was in design in college. To be honest I don't even care if it turns out because at least I've used the darn things!!

Yippy, Skippy, here we go!!

No comments: